Herbal and Raw Food Seminars
Learn to use the time tested tradition of Herbal Medicine that benefits the people and the planet toward better health.
Possible Seminar Format:
Friday night 7 – 9 p.m.
Introductory lecture open to the public. Cost is approximately $10, or included in the cost for those attending the entire weekend.
Saturday 10 – 4 p.m.
Sunday 10 – 4 p.m.
Suggested cost for the weekend would be $75 to $125. A student may attend 1 day only for $10 more than half the cost of the weekend.
My fee is 60% (for me), 40% (for you as my sponsor), with a minimum of $1000 for myself after all expenses are taken off the top (my transportation, your cost of distributing at least 1000 flyers, rental space and any other needs incurred.
Two people may attend the seminar at no charge in exchange for help in promoting the event.
Suggested costs for the weekend are from $75 to $125
Who benefits from these seminars? We all do. Yourself and myself, your customers, staff, friends and community, our children, our planet.
Responsibilities of the Sponsor:
- To secure a location for the workshop.
- To publicize the workshop by distributing flyers
- To answer inquiries about the workshop either by phone or mail.
- Transportation to and from the airport.
- To provide a clear record of registrants’ names, addresses and deposits.
- To provide a place to sleep.
- Optional: To provide an easy access place for an herb walk.
Possible Herbal Weekend Topics:
- Diagnostic Principles: How to ask questions, read the face, tongue, hands and body language to better evaluate a client’s health constitution.
- First Aid Using Natural Remedies: Dealing with burns, bites, shock, radiation, pain, travel bugs and sports medicine. Knowing what to do before it happens.
- Healing Esoteric: Color and aroma therapy, crystals, flower essences, chakras and affirmations. Tuning in to what the plants tell us.
- Healing Ourselves, Healing Our Planet: How our health choices impact the environment. Making a better difference.
- Herbal Crafts: Making herbal vinegar’s, flavored oils, potpourris, moth repellants, dream and sleep pillows. Bring the loveliness of Nature indoors all year round!
- Herbal Stories, Legends and Lore: A delightful way to see how plants have been part of our heritage in literature and song.
- Herb Walk: Learn to identify local plants for their edible and medicinal value. Experience the love and beauty of creation!
- History of Herbs: From the origin and evolution of plants through their rich history of use and their modern renaissance.
- Longevity: Diet, herbs, exercises, acupressure and breathing techniques to maintain the health and vitality of youth.
- Materia Medica: The lore, legend, tradition and science of some of my favorite healing plants.
- Medicinal Value of Culinary Herbs: Even the spices used in cooking can be used as medicine. Discover how to use them and what they do.
- Natural Beauty: Learn to use herbs, food and exercises to enhance the health of your hair, skin and body. We will learn to make some cosmetic preparations.
- Natural Remedies for Emotional Disorders: Use food, herbs, supplements and flower essences to improve depression, grief, fear, anxiety and anger.
- Natural Remedies for Childhood Ailments: From teething and colic in infancy to the rebellion and skin problems of adolescence. How to nurture kids naturally!
- Natural Remedies for Digestive Problems and Detoxification: Keeping your insides in the flow.
- Overcoming Addictions: Natural remedies to help one let go of cravings for sugar, tobacco, coffee, cocaine, heroin, alcohol and tranquilizers. How to strengthen the nervous system.
- Poisonous Plants: Plants can be dangerous as well as helpful. Learn about the poisons in our path.
- Psychoactive Plants: Learn about plants that have long been used by indigenous peoples that affect consciousness. We will talk about Ayahuasca, Coca, Kava Kava, Morning Glory and many more.
- Sexual Vitality: Learn what foods, herbs and exercises can be used to enhance sexuality.
- Strengthening the Immune System: Diet, herbs and acupressure for ailments such as arthritis, cancer, allergies, MS, skin diseases and EBV. Building a healthy resistance to dis-ease.
- Wilderness Survival: How to find water, build shelter and prepare simple outdoor meals. How to get by under adverse conditions.
- Food as Medicine: The medicinal value of food and its energetics. What to eat for various ailments.
Each topic presentation is between 2 to 3 hours. To arrange for a seminar or to receive more information, click here to contact me.